Thursday 9 March 2017

Tagliatelle with salmon

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful week.

Today I am going to leave the street food and London markets aside, because it's time to add some recipes to this blog!
This is a recipe that I learned a while ago. It's really simple to make, but very tasty.




Looks good, right? This tagliatelle with salmon and cream it's a dish that my elder sister used to make for me.

The ingredients are: tagliatelle, smoked salmon, double cream, onions and parsley.

I am not sure whether onions were already part of the recipe or if my sister added them to make her little brother eat onions...but I can assure the result is excellent.




So let's start by the onion: to serve 3 people, finely chop 3 onions. I prefer to use white onions as they become soft and delicate once cooked, giving an harmonious flavour together with the cream to this dish.




We are going to use smoked salmon in order to give to our tagliatelle a delicious "smoky" taste.I am using 210g of salmon (70g per serving). 



Slice the salmon into small pieces as in the picture below or smaller for a smoother sauce.


 

We can start frying our chopped onions into some extra virgin olive oil until they will soften, if you like them crispy you can fry them a bit longer. After that, add the sliced salmon and mix until it will be cooked (it takes no longer than 2 minutes).




Now add the double cream and cook until it will thicken.




Many people prefer to add parsley only once the sauce is done, but I like to add some of it into the pan while I'm still coocking the cream and the rest when it cooles down. (Save some fresh non-chopped leaves for the end).
The amount and when you prefer to add your parsley is completely up to you.




When the sauce will be ready you can start heating up some water into a big pot (you can make the process faster using a kettle if you want), add a pinch of sea salt and when the water is boiling, add 300g of tagliatelle and stir. Drain the pasta when ready as per cooking time on the packet, put it back into the pot and mix it with the sauce.



Now you are ready to serve your pasta. Take some parsley leaves and garnish the plate.



enjoy yor meal!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin








2 comments: